With Baby Tomatoes and Sage
- 3 cups of fresh baby tomatoes (rinsed and halved)
- 2 cups of Greek feta (crumbled roughly)
- 5 leaves of sage (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium sized lemon
- 1 cup of Olive Oil
- Basil pesto (store-bought or homemade - here’s an excellent recipe!)
- 1 packet of your favourite pasta (I like linguine for this dish!)
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Get your pasta started in a deep pot, a regular packet of linguine would usually take around 10 - 12 minutes after the water’s boiled. I like to add a pinch of salt into the water, for seasoning.
2. Get a saucepan heated over a medium-high flame, add about half a cup of Olive Oil, and throw in your sage leaves. Let them crisp a little, this could take up to 5 minutes, at most. Then, add your tomatoes, with about a tbsp of black pepper and some salt, to your liking. Let them fry up until they’re a little charred, then put them aside in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon.
3. When your pasta is finished, toss it in some Olive oil too, to prevent stickiness.
4. To serve, sprinkle some feta cheese over a nice amount of pasta. Toss in the tomato-sage mix, and then add some basil pesto! Delicious and fresh!